Happy Journal Virtual Retreat
Take your happiness to the next level!
Take a virtual retreat today from the comfort of your own home. There's nothing like a personal retreat to get you back into your creative groove!
We will explore happy moments from our past, present, and future. The exercises in this retreat are more "advanced" than quickly drawing out stick figures for drawing your day (like a typical happy journal.) However, they are still accessible for beginning artists or people who don't consider themselves artistically inclined.
Your pre-retreat workbook walks you through exercises to get you prepared for our time together. I'm all about making the most of your retreat time!
Once you complete the pre-retreat exercises and gather your supplies, you can dive into the virtual retreat. Do one video at a time or all of them during an extended retreat. It's your choice!
The original videos for this course were recorded during a live version of this retreat where we met together to create for three hours on a Saturday morning. The content is applicable for use at anytime, however.
You will receive:
- The Happy Journal bundle which includes the eBook and a printable journal
- Printable pre-retreat workbook with
sample schedule, supply lists, and fun exercises to get you into retreat mode
- Welcome video to get you excited for your retreat + closing video with some additional pages that I created during the original live retreat.
- Access to three recorded videos that will teach you three different layouts for your happy journal or art journal
- A printable happy journal mini-book
- BONUS: Sketchbook Revival interview and tutorial on how to start a happy journal
- Lifetime access to the videos and retreat materials
- Happiness level skyrocketed!
To access this retreat, you will need:
- A computer, tablet, or phone with internet connection
- Simple supplies such as a blank book, black pen, and watercolors. I will provide a supply list for each of the art pages we will make together, plus options for alternatives in your pre-retreat workbook.
- Willingness to learn and have fun
- Teachable account (This is a free account where you will access the course materials such as the three art tutorial videos. I will give you the link and instructions in your pre-retreat materials.)
*Due to the digital nature of this product, there will be no refunds offered.
Since technology differs over devices, I am unable to provide personalized technical help for downloading products.
However, below are some basic downloading instructions. You can also search on Google for additional help for your particular device.
All of my printables and eBooks are sent in PDF format. Most computers and phones are equipped with Adobe Reader (which is free.) You will need to download Adobe Reader (or something comparable) in order to view the PDF. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
After completing a purchase you will be directed to the order complete page thanking your for your order. When first viewing the order page, a box on the left side will say, "Preparing your downloads." If you stay on the order page for 3 to 5 minutes the preparation will complete and the "Download Now" button will be displayed. You will also receive an email with a button that says, "View your order," click the button to open the same order page with the, "Download Now" button.
Click the "Download Now" button to save the PDF file to your PC's desktop. Some computers automatically download the file into the Downloads folder. If you still cannot find the file, use the Search function on your computer to find it.
Some of the bundles are sent via a ZIP file. Many phones do not have the ability to download files like ZIP files. You might need to use your laptop or PC to "unzip" the file. Here is how to open that file ("unzip" it):
On a laptop or PC: Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, "Extract All." This will create a new file on your computer which you can open to get your digital printable files.
You will need to add the file(s) to iCloud, Dropbox, or OneDrive in order get the files on your mobile device. You might need to plug your phone in order for this to work.
On a mobile device: Before you download the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product. This will allow you to unzip the folder to access it.
I recommend using a color printer in order to print the printables in my collections. It is easier for most customers to print directly from a laptop or desktop rather than printing from a phone.